Location: Bethesda/Rockville area, Maryland
Support Federal government within HHS and NIH.
If you or anyone you know is actively looking for job and fits the skill set, please get in touch with –
Email: [email protected]
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical direction to team members to achieve organizational goals
• Manage team work assignments and coverage
• Report to management
• Represent team in organizational meetings
• Assist in interviewing/screening additional hires
• Hands-on provisioning of services, monitoring, upgrading hardware and software, configuration management, and understanding and maintaining peripheral services and software
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of problems and user requests through an established trouble ticketing system.
• Develop and maintain custom tools in Puppet, Python, Perl, Ruby, and Bash to automate the UNIX infrastructure
• Install, configure and maintain CentOS and associated applications in an automated Puppet environment
• Perform standard administration tasks (packaging, OS installs, patch management)
• Provide UNIX support to NCBI’s internal developers and researchers.
- Comfortable with the Linux or UNIX CLI
• Demonstrated significant experience in Linux Systems Administration (5+ years
- Highly versed in Linux administration and best practices
• Experience with automated configuration management (Puppet, Chef, etc., Puppet is preferred)
• Fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation in at least two of Bash, Ruby, Python, and Perl
• General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc.)
• General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, FTP, NFS, etc.)
• Experience with configuration management tools
• Comfortable dealing with users with varying levels of IT knowledge
• Team player who is nevertheless able to work with minimum supervision.
- Former team lead or leadership experience
• Experience in a large, highly available Linux environment
• Familiar with enterprise network architectures
• Familiarity with large, complex Linux environments
• Experience with Git
• Experience supporting large web applications environment (we have 3.5 million users per day)
• Knowledge of Cloud technology such as AWS and GCP