NOTE: Please go through the job description and if you feel like a suitable candidate, then please contact Mohammed Sehhar ([email protected]) or call him at 917-535-8211; he will forward it to the hiring manager if it is a match.
FYI: Position open for a while, will hire immediately and NEEDS TO BE FILLED ASAP!!
Location: New York, NY
Tinybeans is the number one family photo sharing app in the App Store and Play Store. We have millions of users sharing their most joyful family moments through our platform, and we make a real difference to their lives.
Be part of a focused, talented team that is creating a fast, beautiful, and robust platform to help bring families together. The kind of culture we foster here in Tinybeans is all about looking after each other, working smart, building great things, and being playful while doing it.
You’ll be working on the backend (primarily Java, Play Framework, MySQL), but your work may also include ops (AWS, React, Lamdba, SWF, Kinesis, Elasticsearch) to analytics (Tableau, R, Spark, Scala); specializing in areas you’re comfortable with and pushing your boundaries to learn new skills, too. You will have the opportunity to influence the tech stack for the development of exciting new roadmap features.
What’s in it for you?
Visibility: Tinybeans is the #1 family photo sharing app, with a global presence and over 2 million users, and it’s only going to get bigger.
Small team = big impact: You’ll be part of a team large enough to support your growth, but small enough where you can still impact the direction of our products.
Best of both worlds: A small company environment, but with big company resources and a global reach. Quality: Building a good quality product that is rated 5 stars in the app store.
Pride: Sleep well knowing your work supports happy families around the world. If you see yourself contributing to what we stand for, submit your application and join our team!
- A reliable, self-driven developer with a proven track record
- A team player who operates without ego and has fun along the way
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to the constant changes that happen every day in startups
- Able and happy to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- 3+ years of development experience
- A solid understanding of web technologies, relational databases and object-oriented design
- Experience building highly scalable REST APIs
- Understanding of and exposure to microservices, docker, Scala, Apache Spark, and basic principles of cloud-based architecture, scalability and security.
- Experience with the Play framework is not required; being willing and able to learn is
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in software engineering, computer science, or computer & information systems
- Familiarity with agile and scrum methodologies and a highly collaborative atmosphere
- Build novel features for the Tinybeans application, focusing on the back end of the stack
- Be involved at all stages of application development, from UI design to live site monitoring
- Create automated tests to quickly and confidently ship code
- Be accountable to outcomes you agree to
- Work with, teach, and learn from other talented engineers and designers to create awesome products that our users will love
- Provide a challenging and fun environment
- Enable you to make a difference globally
- Welcome you to a publicly traded company with global reach
- Offer you a competitive salary package with stock options
- Provide full-coverage health benefits
- Give a generous vacation policy
- Together with our Head of Talent and Happiness, make sure you enjoy coming to work
Flexible working arrangements, plus other perks you hear about in startup land for the right candidate.