Asalaamo Alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatahu,
Welcome to the brand new MKA Careers website. Inshallah we hope this will serve as a resource to increase the skills and obtain employment for all of our members. See below a video on how to use the site:
A few other tips on using the site:
- If you want to post jobs to the site you have to sign up as an “Employer”. When you click your profile image in the top right corner, you will see the option to post a job.
- If you want to create an entry in the Professional Directory you have to sign up as a “Candidate.” When you click your profile image in the top right corner, you will see the option to create an entry.
- You will therefore need to create two separate accounts with two separate email addresses in order to do both of these things noted above.
- Do not sign up with your mkausa.org addresses – there is an issue on the back-end that we have engaged the webteam to fix.
- If you really want to use your mkausa.org email address, please contact us at [email protected] and we will manually activate your account.
- Similarly, if you don’t want to create two accounts please email us at [email protected] and we can add you to the directory or post your job for you manually.
- You can search for jobs on the main page.
- If you want to add a job, click your profile when logged in as an employer and it will allow you to post a position from your company or someone else’s.
- Many jobs posted to date link to an internal site. You can do this or you can choose to allow job applications to come directly to you, which will give users the option to apply through our site or by using their LinkedIn profile. There may be bugs with direct application so at the moment if you want to use “Custom Links” you can use “mailto:” followed by your email address in order to force the applicant to email you directly.
- If you left the custom job application link blank or the applicant applies through LinkedIn you will see the job application.
- When logged in as a candidate you can create an “entry” for the directory which can only be viewed by other members. You can upload your picture, share your email address, and provide your phone number. You can also provide your work information and LinkedIn and other details as necessary.
- When clicking on the profile of another user, you can private message them. This fulfills a request many Khuddam had been asking about, regarding how they can network with other Khuddam.
- We encourage every Khadim to register for the directory. We will be slowly migration the existing directory to the site in the weeks to come but feel free to register yourself and your business if you don’t see your entry there.
- The site also houses our archived Webinars, Skills Opportunity Database, and appointment request form for MKA Career Services which provides one on one counseling and resume writing, cover letter review and mock interview assistance.
- When you send a message or post content, on occasion the site has the tendency to hang for around 30 seconds – please be patient and you will see a message pop up acknowledging your submission when the processing is complete.
- On occasion you may see reference to the word “Resume” – this is because of the tool we used and how we placed an overlay to enable the Resource Directory to function properly.
- Beyond the email issues noted above, the site tends to generate emails that go to spam. Please check your spam to ensure that you’ve caught everything.
Again, please pray for the success of the site. Jazakallah.
MKA USA Sanat o Tijarat Team